Friday 16 March 2012

A Day For Every Occasion

Apparently, there is a day for literally anything nowadays. Wednesday saw a controversial "National Steak and Blowjob Day", "National Non-Smoking Day", as well as the not so controversial "National Pi Day", while yesterday was branded as "National Condom Day".

The main question I ask myself, is who thinks this kind of stuff up? Where do they even begin to get the idea?
Do we actually need a day to celebrate latex? Or a maths equation? I don't think so. Christmas, Easter and a birthday, I can understand, but a day for steak and oral sex seems absolutely ridiculous (although I'm sure many men would disagree).

It just seems as though these "National Days" are a product of social media. Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I'm sure it wasn't "National Condom Day" or "National Steak and Blowjob Day" this time last year... How many people would have known about these if they weren't trending on Twitter?

Probably none, and the nation would have missed out on the chance of a superb piece of 10oz sirloin while celebrating that pi is equal to 3.142..... We couldn't have that happening, could we?



No comments:

Post a Comment